Thank you for making txt2tags. It's simplicity is truly beautiful.
-- Jan Lübke (Germany)
Txt2tags outperforms every other markup I know.
-- Frank Müller (Germany)
I should have discovered this tool years ago!
-- Gert Olie
I absolutely love this program and it becomes more fun to use the longer I use it.
-- Little Girl
This is perfect!
-- Felix Hummel (Germany)
I investigated DocBook, Wiki's, plain text, RTF, reStructured Text...
and txt2tags is the winner.
-- Stefano Spinucci (Italy)
Txt2tags is the only way I would ever write a man-page.
-- Christof Boeckler (Germany)
Txt2tags is THE defition of KIS*S*. Congrats!
-- Nikos Kouremenos (Greece)
It indeed takes no more than 5 minutes to get used to the markup syntax
and generated files compile flawlessly.
-- Davor Svetinovic
I really looked at several commercial and Open Source doc publishing
solutions including FrameMaker / WebWorks, MS Word + Html, Pdf Plugins.
None was flexible enough like txt2tags.
-- Rahul Bhargava (United States)
Many supported formats
- ASCII Art text
- AsciiDoc document
- Creole 1.0 document
- DocBook document
- DokuWiki page
- Google Code Wiki page
- HTML document
- LaTeX document
- Lout document
- MagicPoint presentation (mgp)
- MoinMoin page
- PageMaker document
- Plain text
- PmWiki page
- SGML document
- UNIX manual page (manpage)
- Wikipedia page (MediaWiki)
- XHTML document
...and even more in SVN!
- KISS: The program follows the sacred KISS Principle.
- Ready To Use: No configuration, no compiling. Just download and run.
- Save Your Hair: No more library, catalog, schema and DTD nightmares.
- Straight Edge: Aimed for documents and websites, not books.
- Sanity: No flow control, system() or other programming capabilities.
- Beauty: Being simple is feature, not a bug.
- Clean Results: The generated code is clean, readable, and valid.
- Multi-platform: Runs on Linux, Mac, Windows and many others.
- User Interfaces: Command line (--options), GUI (Tk) and Web (PHP).
- Any Text editor: Use the editor you like most.
- Spellcheck Friendly: Marks are symbols, the spell checker will ignore them.
- Light Resources: It does not index, compile, compress, draw or do any strong processing.
- License: GPL.
More than just code
- Complete Documentation: Guides, samples, reference. Translated to many languages.
- Extras: Syntax files for text editors, Wiki plugins, auto-update tools.
- Team work: The user community contributes actively to the project.
- User base: The txt2tags user base is large and world-wide.
- Experience: Born in 2001, today txt2tags is very stable and mature.
- Less Typing: Marks are symbols like
- Natural Marks: You already use some of them in e-mails.
- Uncomplicated: No keywords, no parameters, no attributes.
- Readable: The source file remains readable, unpolluted.
- Consistent: Simple and consistent rules, no "special cases".
- Strong: Marks are unique enough to don't confuse with contents.
- Rich: We have marks for tables, images, lists, comments and more.
- Easy: Learn fast, learn now.
- One-file Program: Just a single Python script, no extra files.
- Standard Library: Works on default Python install, no extra modules are required.
- Very Fast: Even real big documents take a blink of an eye to convert.
Simple but not limited
- TOC Generation: Automatic Table of Contents.
- Automatic Numbering: Never number lists/topics/headings by hand anymore.
- Include: You can include external files as marked or tagged text.
- Filters: Use regular expressions for Pre and Post processing filters.
- Scripting Friendly: It can read from STDIN and write to STDOUT.
- Configuration: Optional config file can store preferences and filters.
Txt2tags, the last markup you will ever learn. Hope so :)
Play with Txt2tags Online now!