To make the first conversion you will need three things: txt2tags, a
text editor and a web browser.
- Make sure txt2tags is installed and running on your system.
- Command Line Interface: Call "txt2tags" on the command line
and the program should give you a "Missing input file" message. If it
is not working, try
python /path/to/txt2tags or even
/path/to/python /path/to/txt2tags if Python is not on your PATH.
- Gui Interface: Click on the program icon to launch the Gui
Interface or call
- Open the text editor your are comfortable with. It can be any
text editor, from the good old VI to MS Word or OpenOffice.org. Create
a brand new empty document to be your first txt2tags one and remember
to save it as plain text.
- Launch your favorite web browser to see the results of the